Edge protocol options
IHE XDR edge protocol
HISP Specific Requirements
- The MedAllies HISP conforms to the XDR and XDM for Direct Messaging v1.0 specification to translate between SMTP and XDR Systems.
- The MedAllies HISP conforms to IHE XDR profile for Limited Metadata Document Sources to interoperate between SMTP backbone and XDR Edge systems.
Edge System Specific Requirements
- Edge Systems implementing IHE XDR edge protocol MUST conform to IHE XDR profile for Limited Metadata Document Sources to interoperate with Direct HISPs
Transportation/Authentication Security requirements between HISP and EDGE
- In order to minimize the security risks when transactions are not conducted over a secure network, both the MedAllies HISP and the Edge system will conform to the Connection Authentication requirements as specified by the IHE ATNA profile Authenticate Node Transaction (ITI-19).
- Generally MedAllies satisfies this requirement with a Mutual TLS connection.
SMTP Edge protocol
HISP specific requirements
- MedAllies HISP conforms to RFC 5321 to interoperate with SMTP based Edge systems.
Edge system specific requirements
- Edge systems implementing SMTP edge protocol MUST conform to RFC 5321 to interoperate with the MedAllies HISP.
Transport Security requirements between HISP and Edge
- In order to minimize the security risks, both the MedAllies HISP and the Edge system MUST conduct transactions over a secure network.
Authentication requirements between HISP and Edge
- When SMTP is used by the MedAllies HISP to send information to an Edge system or by an Edge system to send information to the MedAllies HISP, Edge system authentication is enforced by the MedAllies HISP.